For those Upcoming In The Music industry,Here is a little tip on how to go about you career as a starter.************************************
1. Record a good song,Sample opinions from a bunch of people(friends & strangers alike) and be sure at least 60% or more like the song.
2. Prepare urself as a product. Work on your imageand be sure “attractive” to the average person that comes across u orur music.
3. Get ready to perform. create performance routines, find an exciting way to deliver ur song to any audience that will leave an impression.
4. Create an EPK (Electronic press kit) which includes good photos, a bio and ur music. Make sure its of a size that can be sent as an email.
5. Once u are SURE ur song is good to go, make as many copies of ur CD as possible.I’d say at least 1,000 (Make sure ur CD art has ur info)
6.Create a myspace, twitter, facebook fan page, reverbnation and upload ur EPK to each of them including your song, photos, bio etc.
7.Make a list of radio stations within ur reach. I advice that u start with regional promo. Its easier to manage. Nationwide can come later.
8. Make a list of the nightclubs and places where music is played publicly within your reach. Again, regional promo is easier to manage.
9. Make a list of DJs and Radio personalities within your reach.
10. Every entertainment journalist that has a column in a magazines or newspaper has an email address. Make a list of all of them.
11. Get all this lists you have compiled together and create a realistic timeline of how long it will take to contact everybody.
12. Create an email address and in the signature section, include all your twitter, fb, reverbnation info and link to your song.
13. Send ur EPK to every contact on your list that you can reach via email and start booking appointments for the ones u cant reach.
14. Get your CDs to all the Radio DJs, club DJs, bars, Night clubs, Radio
stations, Radio personalities, and everyone on your list.
15. Start your online campaign, start building your fanbase by sending your
music to people. Do everything in ur power for people to listen.*If you follow the above tips,You’re such on ur way to the top…But also note:Things don’t happen at once,They take gradual process,So be patient and work hard.